Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Jules & Sharpie Hot Pepper Jelly

My dear friend Andrea really is a fabulous hostess … at one dinner party she hosted, Andrea served this fabulously spicy jelly with her charcuterie and cheeses board … one mouthful and I was hooked.  I haven’t found where to buy this in my local Waitrose, delicatessen, Sainsbury’s, or Tesco yet … so Andrea kindly got me a jar from a little place in Surrey. 

I like to serve this chilli jam, just as Andrea did with cold meats, pates, cheeses, cornichons, baby pickled onions and warm crusty bread – it has been a welcome addition to our deli board, and I’m positive that your family and friends will be happy to tuck in also.

On a recent visit to London, George, my soon-to-be-father-in-law fancied a snack and came across this jelly in the fridge.  Unfortunately for George, he mistakenly thought the picture of the birds eye chilli on the cover was a cherry, and happily smothered the spicy jelly liberally all over his bread … it was very amusing to say the least … ah well, at least he lived to tell the tale …

Don't forget to use this with caution if you're of a more sensitive constitution....
....serve with love...xoxo

5 comments:

  1. not really anonymous, I am the sharpie of jules & sharpie and VERY happy to read your blog! Bigger Sainsbury's have our hot pepper jelly in small round jars, same name though. Other stockists are on our website julesandsharpie.com btw the chilli logo is a scotch bonnet and yes they are super hot. My mother-in-law eats our hpj neat on toast....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned it from the Mele's at Surrey!
    They buy it from the Wine Circle at Virginia Water.
    Yummmmm Yummmmm

    Love you,
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ms Sharpie,

    I'm so happy you enjoyed reading my post! Your Hot Pepper Jelly really is my favourite accompaniment to date!

    I also have a jar of your Hot Mint Jelly, (another gift from my dear friend Andrea), and I'm looking forward to trying it out when I next cook lamb!

    Keep up the good work, and I look forward to trying out your other jams and chutneys in the future!

    Best regards,

    Helen Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your very kind words. We always 'relish' a great review!
    Try the hot mint with bbq lamb chops or roast lamb or make a delicious dip with 250ml natural yoghurt, tbsp hot mint jelly + tsp ground cumin, whisk together , it's divine. serve with couscous, cooked meat or fish.
    Enjoy. Kind regards, jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jules,

    Thanks so much for the tip! I shall indeed prepare this dish and serve with lamb, and put it up on my blog!

    Thanks so much for reading....hope you like my blog and enjoy following it.

    Best regards,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete