Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Sunday 20 February 2011

A little more about me....


Do you see the resemblance?  It's quite remarkable isn't it?  Obviously, I'm only joking.....

My fiancé Alex is a 33 year old Cypriot man whose insatiable appetite is really quite extraordinary!  When Alex first took me home to meet his parents in Cyprus, one of the first lines Kika, my future mother-in-law said to me was "Alexi says you're a good cook".  I knew then that food was VERY important in their culture.

A few days later, before Christmas, Kika gave me a Christmas gift.....she was giggling as she handed it to me, and said that she hoped I wouldn't take it the wrong way.

With only slight trepidation, I unwrapped the gift, and wasn't entirely surprised to see a copy of "Cyprus Country House Recipes"....Alex's family collapsed in laughter.  Kika then went through the cook book with me, pointing out which were Alex's favourite meals.


I am nowhere near as accomplished a cook as Kika when it comes to Cypriot delicacies, but I have tried my utmost to make Alex's favourites, and ensure he doesn't feel too homesick whilst in London.

I've relished learning about Cypriot cuisine, and have found it very similar in parts to many Italian dishes.  Cypriot meatballs, slow cooked lamb, grilled halloumi, Cypriot sausages, grilled lamb chops, and village salads are often on the menu in our home, in an effort to bring the sunshine of Aphrodite's Island to London.

I only wish we had a foukou so we could have souvla on Sundays....






2 comments: