Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Thursday 5 May 2011

Kitchen Fantasies 2

My fiance and I spent a month in his hometown in Cyprus over the Christmas and New Year period.  During this time we stayed with his parents, my soon-to-be-in-laws, and unfortunately I fell prey to a nasty dose of flu and was stuck at home in bed for a week!  Now during my time alone, my BlackBery and E! channel became my best friends as this was one of only two English speaking channels in the house.

Much to Alex's chagrin, I got completely and utterly hooked on 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' ... to this day my apparent obsession with all things Kardashian has reached fever pitch.

Recently in the show, Kim Kardashian moved into a beautiful new house and I absolutely fell in love with it, not least because of this elegant, beautiful and calming kitchen:

I adore the dark hardwood floors in stark contrast to the perfect white wooden cabinetry, and cream granite worktops.

I love how the windows open completely, giving a full uninterupted view to the garden and swimming pool.

The bar stools, fireplace, and snug seating area on the other side of the fireplace, ensure that this kitchen really is the heart of the home.

Having watched practically every 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' episode there is, it is not difficult to come to the conclusion that Kim isn't the traditional domestic goddess, however, I'm sure every meal she does serve there (home made or not), is nonetheless ...
... served with love ... xoxo

2 comments:

  1. LOVE. Thanks for sharing. I'm adding this to my kitchen inspiration file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    Check out http://hookedonhouses.net/ Julia has lots and lots of inspirational photos on her blog!

    ReplyDelete