Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Monday 21 February 2011

Helen's Little Helper

Kenwood KMix

This little piece of machinery is just perfect for those with limited storage space.

It is a medium sized food processor, that was fairly inexpensive, is dishwasher friendly, and does the job of a mandolin, grater, and everything else you would expect it to do.

This model was a gift from Alex when we moved into our first home together, and I must admit, it really is one of my most treasured gifts from him.  (Not everything needs to come from Cartier).
It is just so useful, and I use it all the time - especially when a dish requires copious amounts of onion.....I promise you, this little lady is a Godsend.

Now I must also share this little story with you........

Every time I look at my lovely Kenwood KMix, it reminds me of Alex's father, George. 

One day as George was slaving away in the kitchen, (yes it is indeed possible to get a Mediterranean man into the kitchen before the food is ready to be consumed!), manually grating onions and potatoes, he huffed and puffed, and exclaimed:

"I can't believe they haven't invented a machine to do all this bloody work for me"

I composed myself, stifled my shock and said:

"Ummmmm.......they have George, I think about 30 years ago........."

The silence was deafening........

No comments:

Post a Comment