Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Sunday 20 February 2011

Store Cupboard Essentials


I always keep a wide range of spices as these help me make a simple piece of meat or fish into something much more interesting.
I have everything from sea salt and black peppercorns to warm spices like ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cumin, coriander seeds, paprika, Chinese 5 spice, chilli flakes.
I also keep jars of dried herbs like tarragon, mint, parsley, chervil - as I sometimes forget to buy the fresh versions when in the supermarket - and these are a good substitute


I also keep a wide array of sauces to help brighten up simple dishes.
Here you will see: light soy, dark soy, sweet soy, chilli sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chinese rice wines, seasame oil, chilli oil.
The condiments I keep vary from time to time, however, these are the staples I couldn't live without.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing blog!
    YOU ARE THE MY NEW LIVE SAVER!

    Can you share your recipe of your typical English cucumber sandwiches please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall definitely post the cucumber sandwiches the next time I make them....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete