Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Sunday 20 February 2011

Sticky Spicy Chicken Drumsticks


I am a real carnivore.  I love meat!  I love it roasted, chargrilled, stir fried - all ways!

I also love to marinade meat. 
I think it's easy an efficient way to prepare a main dish, and I rarely measure ingredients when preparing and cooking food like this.  Yes this sounds dangerous to us ladies who like control and order - but it's a tip I've received from many women from the previous two generations.

Whenever you have a few minutes, throw, sprinkle or pour ingredients over the meat, squish it all together in a bowl, or for the more squeamish, a sandwich/freezer bag and leave the lovely marinade to permeate and tenderise the meat in the fridge for a few hours, although preferably overnight. 
Whenever you're ready just take the meat out of the fridge and pop it into the oven, or on the BBQ or under the grill.  Couldn't be more simple right?

Today I made these sticky spicy chicken drumsticks for Alex. 
It's been a typical cold, grey, drizzly February weekend in London, and much to my shame, Alex and I didn't leave the flat - not even to do grocery shopping.

I already had chicken drumsticks in the freezer, so defrosted them overnight, and this morning just slashed the flesh and added what I fancied from what was in my fridge and store cupboard:

a long drizzle of sweet soy
a few chopped garlic cloves
a smattering of chilli flakes - to your liking
a sprinkling of paprikia
a sprinkling of ground ginger
a sprinkling of ground cumin
half a lime - left over from last night's gin'n'slimline tonics

I slashed the flesh as I wanted to roast these drumsticks in a speedy fashion - Alex was very peckish and wasn't in a particularly patient mood.

I roasted the drumsticks on a baking tray, (with no oil), for 30 minutes at 200 degrees celcius, turning the chicken drumsticks once, to ensure both sides were lovely and caramelised.

I served this with a fresh green salad, and oven cooked potatoes wedges with their skins on, and of course....
.....with LOVE.....


No comments:

Post a Comment