Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Saturday 12 March 2011

Fig & Bresaola Salad

Today, I was particularly exhausted after a 6km power walk, and I really didn't fancy making anything remotely complicated for lunch.  Luckily for me, there is a little M&S supermarket practically opposite my gym, so I stopped by and picked up the ingredients for this hearty, man friendly salad.

This is what I used:

1 packet of mozzarella di bufala
1 packet of Bresaola (air-dried, salted beef)
1 packet of rocket, spinach and watercress salad
4 ripe ready to eat figs
2 beetroots

for the dressing:

1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
dash of water

All you have to do is wash the leaves and assemble on a large plate or bowl
Tear up mozzarella and bresaola and arrange over the leaves
Add sliced beetroot, and sliced figs
Sprinkle with parsley
Drizzle with the dressing

Serve with warm crusty bread.....
.....and love.....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment