Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Friday 4 March 2011

Gnocchi with Sage, Tallegio & Speck

One of my absolute favourite London restaurants is Zafferano, (15 Lowndes Street, Knightsbridge), it is always a treat, and I've never had a meal there that failed to impress me. 

Obviously I am no Andy Needham, but when I ordered this dish, I was blown away by it's simplicity, yet the beautiful, bold flavours and luxurious textures made it a delight - I knew I had to try and make this dish at home.  This is my recreation.  It is very filling, and is more than enough for 2 as a main meal, or 6 as a starter.

I used:
1 packet of gnocchi
(few of us have the time to make it from scratch!)
1 small bunch of sage
500g of tallegio
6 thin slices of speck
black pepper 

Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water until the little dumplings all float to the top, then drain.

Return the steaming hot little potato dumplings back into the pot, adding the cubes of the Tallegio (the smaller the pieces, the more easily it will melt), stir in and allow the pungent, creamy cheese to melt coating the gnocchi. 

Add a twist or two of freshly milled black peppercorns.

Meanwhile dry fry the spec in a hot pan until crispy.  This will only take a minute or two.
Remove and drain on kitchen roll.

Fry the sage leaves in the same oil until crispy, again this will take moments.  Drain.

Now assemble the plate:
cheesy, creamy gnocchi first, then a few sage leaves, then the crispy speck, then a few more sage leaves. 

This is an elegant dish...it is utterly mouth wateringly decadent, and literally takes no more 5 minutes to make.  The perfect dinner for two, or starter for 6...

Serve with LOVE....xoxo....

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and simple meal. I will be making this soon. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks bloody amazing

    ReplyDelete