Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........


Recipe ideas, hints and tips, and general musings........

Welcome to 'Diamonds & Dauphinoise'.....a new blog for all you super busy, glamourous, girls about town and yummy mummies alike....who are real foodie floozies at heart, and love to feed and entertain their family and friends, but perhaps don't always have the time or energy to think of ideas!

My aim is to help inspire you all, and reduce the flurry of panic and stress of rushing around your kitchens in your Louboutins...

Get your your partner, your friends and your kids involved. If your kitchen is large enough, why should you be slaving away on your own? The kitchen is the heart of the home, it should be buzzy, vibrant, and happy....just as the dishes that are coming out of it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to drop me an email: helenmorrisonkitchen@gmail.com

Remember the MOST important ingredient of any meal is LOVE...

I do hope you like my blog... x o x o

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Greek Style Chicken Wings

 

 
Apologies for my short absence, I have been super busy doing weddingy bits and bobs, fun fun fun....

As Alex and I were making our way home this evening, he said how much he missed KFC......obviously I do NOT advocate the deep fried, battery hen, chicken bits that KFC offers, (although I am guilty of having the odd spicy chicken wing when under the influence), so we stopped by Waitrose and bought some fresh wings.

A few weeks ago I made and posted the spicy chicken drumsticks, so today I thought I'd do something a little different. 

The reason I call these Greek style is because I saw a general trend, and that is lemon, oregano, and olive oil.

Lemon is very popular with all meat; oregano is sprinkled over everything from lamb chops to fries; and of course lovingly homegrown olive oil.

This dish doesn't need many ingredients, and really takes no time at all to prepare.  Once I'd put the wings in the oven, I was able to kick back with a gin'n'tonic (slimline naturally), and gossip to a few friends on the phone.

Here's what I used:

12 whole chicken wings (separated into drumettes and flats) spread over a baking tray

Pour over the juice of one large, juicy lemon


Sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt


Sprinkle over a generous amount of dried oregano, approximately 1tbsp


Drizzle over olive oil

 Mix well with your hands ensuring everything is coated with the lovely, lemony glaze.

Roast in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celsius for 45 minutes, turning once, so all the wings are gloriously golden.  Serve with a large fresh green salad, and perhaps new potatoes....

....and of course with LOVE..........
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Making this tonight but with the addition of GARLIC!!! Serving with home made potato wedges (why not go the whole way?) and a feta, red onion, tomato and olive salad! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete